Submit KU News
A good news release is a concise, complete description that informs and invites interest.
Common News Release Topics
- Upcoming public events, exhibits, etc.
- Important staff changes
- New programs
- Changes in existing programs
- Awards, achievements, and appointments
- Research, ongoing or completed
- Community outreach efforts
- Exceptional students, faculty, and staff
- Unique programs, skills, achievements, etc.
How to Submit Information
- KU's online content management system
- Email to a specific staff person or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus mail to "KU News Service, 37 Strong Hall" (Allow several days for delivery.)
Always include your name and phone number so we can contact you.
Some Tips for Writing Press Releases
- Keep releases short.
- Write clearly, addressing who, what, where, why and when in the first two paragraphs.
- Identify a contact person (with a daytime phone number) who can answer questions.
- Date the release and include whether the material is for immediate use or for release at a later date.
Common Press Release Mistakes
- Providing insufficient and inaccurate information. To be useful, releases must be complete, correct, and specific.
- Omission of the name and phone number of someone editors can contact with questions.
- Writing releases that are too long.
- Submitting a release too late.